Mission Statement / About the Park
Welcome to Merryspring, a non-profit, 66-acre nature park and education center in Camden and Rockport, Maine, with trails and gardens open to the public every day during daylight hours, free of charge. This member-supported organization offers talks, classes and workshops throughout the year.
Merryspring’s mission is “to practice, teach and advocate sound principles of ecology, conservation and horticulture in order to protect our natural environment, and to provide natural landscapes and cultivated areas for public enjoyment.”
For your own enjoyment and safety, and to protect and preserve the park, please follow these simple rules:
- Stay on the paths or lawns and do not step in the flower beds.
- Leave all plants, flowers, and wildlife undisturbed.
- Dispose of trash properly.
- Park in designated areas only.
- Enjoy your picnic, but no cooking please.
- Footwear must be worn at all times.
- No dogs, except service dogs, are allowed anywhere in the park.
- No admittance from dusk to dawn.
- No smoking in the buildings or on the grounds.
- No bicycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, or other recreational vehicles are allowed on trails, lawns, or fields.
- No hunting or trapping is permitted.